Friday, September 3, 2010

The end is near...

...of summer, that is. I always resist the return to school and the end of the freedom of summer. I really like my lazy coffee-sipping mornings and, although there are things I like about the whole back-to-school time of year, I don't want to move back in to the stress of the start of the school year...there's never enough time to feel totally prepared for school. I feel even more that way this year because I'm having to go to two schools. Actually the part that's stressing me out is the first thing recess duty at a school where I don't know the kids or the rules. Yuck.
On a more positive note, I am looking forward to the focus on writing that I'm going to push this year. I think we could do some fun stuff and hopefully improve our writing in the process, but do it in real ways that make it more practical and useful. I am going to try to do a better job of documenting our library year on our blog/website and then having kids make comments and do guest posts. I need to improve my writing also, so I figure it will be good for all of us. My biggest problem in writing, I think, is focus and organization...maybe I can have kids critique my work also. Anyway, things like that are what I'm looking forward to with the start of school...I'll still resist the end of summer though until Tuesday morning when I have no choice. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment