Monday, September 26, 2011

Goals

I've decided that I need to focus. I like learning as my interest pulls me, but need to provide some structure and direction for myself so that I can see the progress. So, I've been composing some "professional" goals for myself.

1. Learn Adobe Photoshop Elements
2. Learn HTML & CSS
3. Design a website from scratch
4. Maintain my Live.Love.Laugh site on somewhat of a regular basis with both personal tidbits and beginning to add in more of my tech stuff (e.g., apps lists, tutorials as I learn, etc).

Those are huge goals that really don't have a solid end point, so I need to provide myself with some quantifiable baby steps to get me going in the right direction. So, for number one, learning Photoshop Elements, what does that look like to me?

I.  Learn Adobe Photoshop Elements
  A. Create a background template from scrapbooking packages on the Internet
  B. Create a background template from scratch
  C. Watch tutorial on Elements use for solid layer manipulation
  D. Manipulate photos to create patterns
II. Learn HTML & CSS
  A. Work through Headfirst book on HTML & CSS
  B. Use code app to look at HTML code & CSS on websites and manipulate to see change
  C. Mess with my website code to affect change on sites
     1. use blogger sites
     2. use paintbox designs site

I have a feeling I probably need to break those steps down even more, but for now I'm going to focus on I.A.- Learning Adobe by just messing with the background template from digital scrapbook pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment